Thursday, May 27, 2010















Today we went to a very lovely bonzai park. Lush and gorgeous. We ate right near the grounds. After lunch, we headed to our hotel to try to get the kiddie winks to get at least 50 winks. Alice, I've now learned, gets quite ornary when she doesn't hit her 50 wink mark. I had to wake her to get to the US Consulate for her swearing in ceremony. In my travel haze, I thought it meant she was a citizen, but I guess not. Just another step. She needs to get her visa tomorrow after we pack up to leave the hotel. We'll head back to Beijing for a late flight and a quick night's snooze, back to the airport by 8:30 am. Off to San Fran to try to catch Auntie V, then to Boston. Then, we try to drive to Vermont to catch Emmet in the marathon. We'll see how we feel after our own marathon of travel, but we'll give it a major effort to get home. We have a "free" morning tomorrow. I traded in one more batch of USD for yuan and I'll hit some shops and then we pack. I'll try to take pictures of the island we're on before I go. There's no place like home in Vermont, but I'lll miss this country. The people are wonderful - really wonderful. Many folks stare, but with a smile, and they try to say hello and coo at our babies. I have loved our stay in China. Just so amazing. Can't wait to share our journey in person with family and friends and spend a summer in Vermont with our new sister/daughter.

5 comments:

  1. We've loved it on this end, Thanks for sharing this incredible adventure with us. Is it me, or are these kids really, really well dressed? They all look so cute and spiffy. Have a safe and easy flight back with lil'Aice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, we know that she has learned the word "up." Totally remember that age with Emme. Great workout. I can't believe you will be home this weekend - YAHOOOOOO! Please let me know when would be a good time to see you all. I don't want to overwhelm Alice and you. I'm just so excited though. I might be camping out in your yard on Saturday night. Hahahaha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a safe and wonderful trip home!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Seth was fabulous today, he even had time for cuddles. He's off to school, looking forward to seeing "The entire Barrett family" together. The geezers survived, mission accomplished, The world kept turning and we await your "happily ever after" Great job Lynne, fantastic experience, fantastic help. So appreciate you being there for those "Barrett women". You're a very good sister. So--come home, welcome awaits you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. good thing you read that cant loosed your bowels everywhere!

    ReplyDelete