Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Chinese Adoption Day

She is so cute and sweet.  Yesterday Alice was officially given to Jim and Gina for adoption by China.  I can't believe I had thought about not going to this event.  Our guide politely said, "I think you will go to this.  Uh um. I think you will go."  So I went.  It was such an honor to be there as the official Barrett photographer. 

This event is held the day after the meeting to complete the paperwork for the Chinese adoption with the Child Welfare Agency to formally ask the parents if they are still willing to accept the child as their own.  Other basic questions are asked, such as when did you get married, how do you may a living, do you have enough time to care for this child, will you promise to never abuse this child and to always care for this child. The Orphanage representatives were also in the room at the time. Before the official meeting Gina got to ask the orphanage director more questions about Alice.  After the official meeting ended, Gina exchanged gifts with the Orphanage reps and presented a gift to the Child Welfare official.  Gina thanked the Orphanage reps for how well they took care of Alice. Since I have also spent the night with Alice and seen how wonderful she is, I found that I could not help but also thank them.  I had to remind myself that this was Gina's meeting…taking pictures helps me do that...so Gina has an abundance of photos. 

After that meeting our group went to a Notary office where they asked each set of parents a few different questions.  Again Gina gave a little gift.  After that we boarded the bus and headed back to the hotel.  The group wanted to go shopping for baby items so we decided to go to Walmart.  I needed a new external hard drive for all my photos.

 

Time for Breakfast.  Maybe Shopping will be the next entry

1 comment:

  1. Keep clicking, Lynne. Keep documenting as much as possible. No step is inconsequential on this remarkable journey. Gina and Alice, and probably Alice's children and grandchildren will be thanking the Auntie Lynne who recorded all this precious family history.

    ReplyDelete