Hello! It's our last morning in Nanning. It an odd feeling to leave this place where Alice Kangshun is from. I really, really, really hope to get back here with her someday to her amazing first home. My time has shifted from being in awe of what's out the windows and in the streets to awe over the little girl with me. I should be looking out the window, but I keep looking and taking pictures of her. We went to the minority museum and I was much happier watching Alice run out on the grass out front. We had lunch at another local restaurant, which was good, but a plate of pesto spag with garlic bread is sounding really good about now. After lunch, Alice and I took a nap. Lynne came back from buying a luggage bag for Alice, which translates into 44 more pounds of potential shopping. Lynne took over Alice care while I headed down to do another round of paperwork. It was a couple of hours of filling out forms getting ready for heading to Guangzhou to the US Consulate to make this official on all sides. Later, our guides did arrange for some pizza delivery to our rooms for dinner. Whoo hoo! I had Seth up on Skype and the kids/parents drifting in and out of the room in happy chaos. Seth got to meet them all and they got to see this boy that I talk about so much. Sarah climbed on my lap, Laurie, Donna, Katie and assorted parents said hello. Taylor got in some face time with Seth and Mali observed the screen in her adorable pensive way. Xia only made it to the doorway. She's a beautiful, intelligent girl and I can see her brain whirring as she's trying to piece these days together. Her parents and sister Bailey are amazing. I've felt really blessed to make this journey with these families and honored to watch the girls as the days go by.
Ok, I have a room to pack up. Not sure when I can post again. By tonight we will be in a new hotel. Oh, the one shot of me with Alice is from Bonnie/Fred on the day I met her. Thankful that the other families are taking pictures, too!
I miss home/Jim/Seth and Vermont, though. Can't wait to see Alice run in our back yard on the grass. (Hey Seth - bigger than outer space.)
Ok, I have a room to pack up. Not sure when I can post again. By tonight we will be in a new hotel. Oh, the one shot of me with Alice is from Bonnie/Fred on the day I met her. Thankful that the other families are taking pictures, too!
I miss home/Jim/Seth and Vermont, though. Can't wait to see Alice run in our back yard on the grass. (Hey Seth - bigger than outer space.)







loving this little girl from afar. her eyes and body reveal a child brimming over the top with a joy for life. it is interesting to see that you and alice have similar features as well. so happy to be able to share in the experience with you both albeit stateside. cant wait to meet her. much love - sister lorraine
ReplyDelete